There are a multitude of things to do in the beautiful city and surrounds of Mount Gambier. Here are a few great suggestions:
– A brisk 40 minute walk around the Blue Lake.
– A scenic walk around the Valley Lake crater stopping at Centenary Tower if the flag is flying.
– Stroll the historic streets of Mount Gambier viewing the limestone and dolomite fronted homes.
– The Rail Lands: A walking or bike riding trail winds east to west across town.
– Situated in the middle of town is a playground and community reserve.
– Hike up Mount Schank volcano crater and if time permits, hike into the crater.
Hire a Canoe at Nelson Boat hire and paddle in the estuary of the Glenelg River or arrange for a canoe to be dropped off in the national park and paddle down stream.
In the Limestone Coast we have great access to 4 wheel driving at Canunda National Park which is situated between Carpenter Rocks and Southend.
Beach, jetty, river or boat fishing is all within close proximity to Mount Gambier. Size and catch limits apply.